Thursday, October 13, 2011

Starting Up Again

Well, since my column with the Press-Herald has ended, I know that there are going to be times when I want to share something interesting about local history that takes up more space than allowed on a Facebook status update. So, after more than a year I'm going to start using this blog again. My friend Chris Broussard started a great blog and it pushed me toward using the great tool of the Internet to share local history.

As I stated when I started -- and then proceeded to ignore -- I will try to stay as "apolitical" as possible. To my "friends" who I had nasty exchanges with in the comments section, you are certainly justified in pointing out what you see wrong with my views, when I insist on stating them. Arguing them is also fine, but I failed to keep myself in check and as a result perverted my intent in starting this blog. I don't apologize for my beliefs, but if I want to focus on them, I'll just start a political blog. On occasion, there will be a bleed over, it can't be prevented, but I will try to act as a moderater and not a "combatant" when that happens.

So, if anyone out there was still checking this, there will be posts again. If you're a Facebook friend, I'll be posting on Facebook when they are made.

No comments:

Post a Comment